Modern Calligraphy: NEXT STEPS Series, Level 1.5
Saturday, August 7th, 2021
9 - Noon
Northfield School of the Liberal Arts (up the street from Friends University)
This is the first in the NEXT STEPS Series of Workshops. If you have taken any of the Intro courses I offer (or you have been practicing on your own a while, and aren't a beginner), then this is the class for you! In this workshop, we will take the next steps on your modern calligraphy journey. This workshop is suitable if you are familiar with nibs and ink OR brush markers. What we cover will be applicable to both mediums!
We will cover:
1. Introduction to Flourishing, Bounce Lettering and Organic Calligraphy
2. Working with different mediums - such as white and gold inks or metallic markers
3. Layouts and Spacing: how to measure and set up your paper
4. How to work with different kinds of paper
5. Time to collaborate on what YOU need help on (bring your questions!)
Please bring your own favorite lettering tools (nib and ink OR brush markers.) At checkout, you will choose either a Dinky Dip holder filled with 4 colors of ink OR a brush marker kit with a Fudenosuke Soft brush tip marker and a Karin Metallic gold or silver marker. Different types of paper will be provided and participants will go home with a Level 1.5 handbook and the Dinky Dip holder or the brush markers.
This workshop is limited to 10 participants to make sure there is enough time for me to help you individually. 3 hour workshop.